survey sheet - handwritten
Date of Enlistment: April 19, 1917
Military Camps to which went:
* To Little Silver, N.J. which is now known as Camp Vail
Units to which belonged:
* 407th Telegraph Battalion
Date of trip overseas: Aug. 7, 1917
* Served with the 407th Telegraph Battalion doing telephone communication work mostly on [Toil] Sector.
* Went to Germany with the Army of Occupation: Served in France, Germany, Luxemburg, and Belgium.
Date of return: April 28, 1919
Date of demobilization: May 3, 1919
* Written citation by Chief Signal Officer of U.S. Army
407th Telegraph Battalion, 1919 Roster (Genealogy Today)
Lavine, Abraham Lincoln. "Spoon, Shovel, Bar and - Brass," In Circuits of Victory: p. 137 (Google Books)
U.S. Defense Dept. Fort Monmouth Historical Office. "Camp Alfred Vail." In A History of Army Communications and Electronics at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey...: pp. 3-4 (Google Books)